Total Solutions Group is searching for a Construction Administration candidate to join our team in Maitland, FL (just north of Orlando). The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge in wood/masonry structures, framing systems, foundation construction, across both residential and commercial project types.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for taking Construction field calls and providing the requested information/letter to resolve any RFIs, field issues or concerns. Coordinating with internal and external clients to meet the projects and client objectives of on-time delivery and under budget. Aggressively pursue and resolve project concerns as they arise.
- Read, interpret, and comprehend engineering design drawings.
- Assist in construction support activities including response to requests for information (RFI’s), submittal reviews, job site reviews, design reviews, etc.
- Assist in coordination of work product with other disciplines
- Provide updated information to superintendents, subcontractors, and vendors as necessary.
- Maintain close contact and a good working relationship with project owners and engineers to ensure a positive company image and keep project progress moving forward.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and willing to take responsibility
- Perform work independently with limited supervision or direction.
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality
- Eager to learn and take on technical challenges
- Knowledge of commonly used computer software (i.e., Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Florida and International Building Codes and design standards
- Concrete Construction up to three stories
- Foundations including shallow/spread and deep foundations
- Metal plate connected wood trusses
- Engineered Wood Products
- Knowledge of Steel, Wood, Masonry Structures
- Great team player!
- Construction knowledge with a minimum of 2-5 years of related experience of wood and masonry structures
- Structural engineering knowledge a plus
- AutoCAD 2D intermediate/expert proficiency, Revit a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite
The position requires some flexibility in hours with a potential to work 40+ hours during some weeks. Salary commensurate with experience.
- 401K Company match
- Performance-based bonus program
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- ESOP Employee-Owned Company