The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for generating Residential and Commercial structural engineering plans using ACAD and/or REVIT. Coordinate with Engineering team to successfully complete projects on-time and under budget. Math skills are essential. Willing to learn whole house/hurricane resistant structural engineering with/for wood and masonry structures and perform Quality Control Reviews of engineering documents.
Candidate will perform the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Maintain close contact and a good working relationship with Engineering team to ensure project progress moving forward.
- Read, interpret and comprehend engineering specifications, process design drawings.
- Good verbal, written communications and ACAD skills are required.
- Perform work independently with limited supervision and/or direction.
- Ability to operate a computer and current software used by company.
- Proof own work to ensure accuracy prior to Engineer check.
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to assigned project.
General Knowledge of
- Good math skills including, but not limited to architectural units, fractions, geometry, and basic trigonometry.
- General knowledge of construction industry. Knowledge of design of commercial buildings
- Certification in Computer Assisted Drafting from an accredited technology, vocational or junior college with 4-6 years of experience as a commercial designer.
- Knowledge of commonly used computer software (i.e., Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Do you have what it takes to be an “A” team player:
- Communicator, Professional, Empathetic, Determined, Reliable, Team Player, Confident/Assertive, Leader, Exceeds Expectations, Accountable, Eager to Learn, Knowledgeable/Resourceful
The position requires 40+ hours a week. Salary commensurate with experience.
- 401K Company match
- Performance based bonus program
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- ESOP Employee-Owned Company