Total Solutions Group (is searching for a Structural Engineer in Training candidates (with an EI designation) to join our TSG team in Maitland, FL (just north of Orlando). The successful candidate will have a strong background in wood/masonry structures, framing systems, foundation analysis and design, across both residential and commercial projects types.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for taking the design lead on project and coordinating with internal and external clients to meet the projects and client objectives of on-time delivery and under budget. Aggressively pursue and resolve project concerns as they arise.
- Perform conceptual to final design of residential and commercial projects.
- Prepare calculations and details of structural elements for commercial projects
- Drafting of project plans using AutoCAD, as assigned.
- Assist in construction support activities including response to requests for information (RFI’s), submittal reviews, job site reviews, design reviews, etc.
- Assist in coordination of work product with other disciplines
- Provide updated information to superintendents, subcontractors, and vendors as necessary.
- Maintain close contact and a good working relationship with project owners and engineers to ensure a positive company image and keep project progress moving forward.
- Read, interpret, and comprehend engineering specifications, process design drawings and contracts.
- Experience managing staff, directing tasks, and performing Quality Assurance review
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and willing to take responsibility
- Perform work independently with limited supervision or direction.
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality
- Eager to learn and take on technical challenges
- Knowledge of commonly used computer software (i.e., Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Florida and International Building Codes and design standards
- Concrete Construction up to three stories
- Foundations including shallow/spread and deep foundations
- Metal plate connected wood trusses
- Engineered Wood Products
- Knowledge of Steel, Wood, Masonry Structures
- Great team player!
- EIT with Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 2-5 years of related experience performing structural engineering of wood and masonry structures
- AutoCAD 2D intermediate/expert proficiency, Revit a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Risa 3D
The position requires some flexibility in hours with a potential to work 40+ hours during some weeks. Salary commensurate with experience.
- 401K Company match
- Performance based bonus program
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- ESOP Employee-Owned Company
- Structural Engineering
Employment Type: Full-time